Being able to soak up the sun and feel the cool spring air on your motorcycle can make any day a memorable experience. As we begin to see more motorcycles on the roads, we need to remember that safety should always be at the forefront for all drivers.
Operating a motorcycle takes a different set of skills than driving a motor vehicle, but the laws of the road apply to every driver.
Motorcycle safety begins with wearing a helmet and the appropriate safety attire, as well as following the laws in place for your protection. Each state has a set of laws all motorcyclists must abide by when on the road. In North Carolina the following are in place, including:
- All motorcyclists and their passengers are required to wear helmets.
- All motorcyclists must have a motorcycle endorsement – this can be placed on your regular license.
- Each motorcyclist should complete motorcycle training and pass a motorcycle driving test in order to obtain a motorcycle endorsement or license.
- Any motorcycle operated in NC must be considered ‘street legal’ by the NC standards.
Whether you ride your bike to work, join a biker league, or simply enjoy the scenery around North Carolina, remember to be a safe as possible.
At Daggett Shuler, we want to provide motorcyclists throughout North Carolina with some key safety tips. According to Geico motorcyclist should:
- Always wear a helmet – your helmet should be equipped with a face shield and protective eye wear. Wearing a helmet is the best way to protect yourself from a severe head injury.
- Wear appropriate gear – make sure to wear protective gear and clothing in order to minimize the amount of injuries in case of an accident. Wearing leather garments, boots with nonskid soles & gloves can help protect your body.
- Follow the traffic rules – Make sure to obey all traffic rules – be aware of the speed limits and all of the local traffic laws.
- Ride Defensively – Never assume a driver can see you – always ride with your headlights on, reflective gear, be sure to stay out of a driver’s blind spot, and always signal well in advance.
- Make sure you are educated – a driver needs to complete all the formal riding education programs and riding courses from time to time to stay updated and make sure their license is up to date.
- Preparing to ride – make sure your motorcycle is in proper riding condition – check the tires for any cracks or bulges, under the motorcycle for signs of gas or oil leaks, and the headlights, taillights and signals are all working properly.
At Daggett Shuler Law, North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyers, we care about the safety of all North Carolina drivers.
If you or a loved one is injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, call Daggett Shuler Law right away at 336-724-1234. When you call, you will speak with an experienced Winston-Salem and Greensboro Motorcycle Accident Attorney absolutely FREE. We will review every detail of your accident at no cost and fight hard to protect your rights.
When you call Daggett Shuler you can speak with an experienced Winston-Salem and Greensboro accident attorney for free. We will investigate every detail of your situation and fight hard to protect your rights. At Daggett Shuler Law, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front and you owe us nothing until we recover for you.
Daggett Shuler Law – You Can Depend on Us