Burn Injury Lawyers
According to the American Burn Association, approximately 486,000 Americans suffered burn injuries in 2016 all of which required some form of medical treatment.
Burns not only affect the skin, but can also cause serious injuries to muscles, nerves, blood vessels and bones. Burns are some of the most complicated injuries with effects lasting up to years depending upon the severity.
There are one of four sources that burn injuries usually stem from – thermal heat, chemicals, radiation or electricity.
- Chemical burns typically occur when the skins tissue has been exposed to a corrosive substance usually with a strong acid or base. One can also get a chemical burn when the chemical is inhaled through toxic fumes, steam or smoke.
- Electrical burns are caused by electricity passing through the body often resulting from industrial accidents, including contact with damaged electrical cords, electrical outlets or high-voltage wires causing severe internal injuries.
- Radiological burnsare those caused by X-rays or in radiation therapy often used in cancer treatments. Sunburns and tanning bed burns also fall into this category.
- Thermal Burns are generally caused when a person has made contact with heated objects, such as boiling water, steam, cooking oil, or fire. The most common type of thermal burn is a scald.
First Degree Burns – Affect the top layer of the skin
- Symptoms: Redness, Pain, Swelling
Second Degree Burns – Affect the first two layers of the skin
- Symptoms: Blisters, Leaking Fluid, Redness
Third Degree Burns – Affect deeper tissues of the skin
- Symptoms: Charred Skin, Loss of Skin
That’s why the North Carolina burn injury lawyers and staff of Daggett Shuler are here to help. After a burn accident you need an experienced law firm to help protect your rights. We make it our goal to help you recover your health after suffering a burn injury. The burn injury attorneys at Daggett Shuler want to help you get your life back on track. No matter what type of injury you’re experiencing, call us to see how we can help.
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.