Experienced drunk driving accident lawyers in North Carolina
Drunk Driving is one of the most selfish acts a person can do. In the US in 2016, 10,497 people were killed and approximately 290,000 were injured in alcohol-related car crashes. Each crash, each death, and each injury impacts not only the person in the crash but family, friends, classmates, coworkers and more. Even those who have not been directly involved in a drunk driving crash still help pay the $199 billion yearly price tag of drunk driving.
If everyone bands together to fight this senseless epidemic, we can hopefully one day eliminate drunk driving. The attorneys and the entire staff of Daggett Shuler Law stand behind responsible driving. There is a very simple solution and that is to never get behind the wheel of a car after you have had any alcoholic beverages. Simple.
But thousands of drivers each year take their own lives and the lives of innocent victims, by drinking and driving or driving in an altered state. At Daggett Shuler, we rally each year to keep our high school students safe, by promoting the Safe Sober Prom Night safety program. We reach out to local teens and speak out against drinking and doing drugs at prom time. This important community program urges kids by promoting positive peer pressure, by making smart choices, not stupid ones. We are so proud of the over 600,000 students that have signed the Safe Sober Prom Night Pledge to stay safe and sober on prom night.
Below are some staggering current statistics on why drinking and driving is still a big problem and why we all need to take personal responsibility for our kids, our families, and even our friends to help eliminate drinking and driving forever.
Please join Daggett Shuler Law in keeping North Carolina roads safe from alcohol-related crashes. As drunk driving accident attorneys in Winston-Salem NC, we see too many senseless crimes of drunk drivers hurting and even killing innocent people when they get behind the wheel. Get mad, stand up and be heard. This is serious.
Here are some serious statistics from MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers.
- The average person metabolizes alcohol at the rate of about one drink per hour.
- A standard drink is defined as 12 ounces of beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1.5 ounces of distilled spirits, which contain the same amount of alcohol.
- Teen alcohol use kills over 4,000 people each year.
- Drugs other than alcohol are involved in 18% of motor vehicle driver deaths.
- In 2014, drunk driving involvement in fatal crashes was almost 4 times higher at night than during the day.
- In 2013, 200 children were killed in drunk driving crashes. Of those, 121 (61% percent) were riding with the drunk driver.
- An average drunk driver has driven drunk over 80 times before their first arrest.
- Drunk driving costs each adult in the United States over $500 per year.
- One in seven teens binge drink. Only 1 in 100 parents believes his or her teen binge drinks.
- In 2016, 10,497 people died (one every 50 minutes), and 290,000 were injured in drunk driving crashes.
- Approximately ¼ of car crashes with teens involve an underage drinking driver.
Please be safe out on the roads. When you get behind the wheel of an automobile, a motorcycle, a truck or any motor vehicle, you have a moral responsibility to drive safe and sober. Your life matters and remember, safety first wins the game.
If you or a loved one has been affected by the recklessness of a drunk driver, it’s crucial that you contact an experienced drunk driving accident attorney in Winston-Salem who will fight on your behalf. We understand every step of the legal process, and will get you the compensation you deserve if you or a loved one has been injured, or even killed, in a drunk driving accident. Contact us today to receive a free case consultation; we are here to support you.
If you believe that you or a loved one may have a personal legal claim, you can contact us in one of three ways:
- Contact us online at daggettshulerlaw.com
- Call us toll free at 1-800-815-5500. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
- Click here for a Free Case Evaluation
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.