Back injuries are serious and can lead to long-term pain, deterioration, and disability.
A majority of herniated disc injuries occur in the lower back and are caused by severe trauma. The most common symptoms include severe arm and leg pain, numbness or tingling, and weakness in muscles. If these symptoms are left untreated they can lead to severe and worsening complications.
Far too often insurance companies try to cut corners leaving you without the best possible care, lack of coverage, and medical bills piling up.
A herniated disc typically results from trauma and is caused when a tear in an intervertebral disc permits the inner portion to bulge out. The jelly-like inner substance can then move into the spinal canal and press against nerves, causing intense and disabling pain. The condition is also referred to as a slipped or ruptured disc. Other similar medical issues include disc protrusion, pinched nerves and disc degeneration.
- Cervical: Herniated discs in this area occur in the neck. Such injuries impact the back of the head, the neck and the shoulders, hands and arms.
- Lumbar: Lower back injuries typically affect the butt, thigh and genital region. May radiate through the legs to the feet or affect the femoral nerve.
- Thoracic: Herniation of a disc in the middle back is rare as this region is typically the most stable. Such injuries can mimic upper or lower back injuries.
That’s why the Winston-Salem injury attorneys and staff of Daggett Shuler are here to help. After an accident you need an experienced personal injury law firm to help protect your rights. We make it our goal to help you recover your health after suffering a serious injury. The legal professionals at Daggett Shuler want to help you get your life back on track.
If you believe that you or a loved one may have a personal legal claim, you can contact us in one of three ways:
- Contact us online at daggettshulerlaw.com
- Call us toll free at 1-800-815-5500. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
- Click here for a Free Case Evaluation
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.