Have you been injured in a collision with a commercial vehicle — such as a tractor-trailer, taxi, a delivery van or a maintenance truck?
A commercial vehicle is any motor vehicle that is used to transport passengers or property. Commercial vehicles are created for the use of either transporting more than 15 passengers or for transporting goods. Accidents involving commercial vehicles often lead to serious injuries and even death.
The following are qualifications to classify a vehicle as commercial:
• The vehicle weighs more than 17,000 pounds
• The vehicle transports more than 8 passengers, including the driver, for compensation
• The vehicle transports more than 15 passengers, including the driver, but not for compensation
• The vehicle is a school bus
• The vehicle transports hazardous materials
Proving a commercial vehicle accident claim can be a long process due to the amount of parties involved. While the person who was at fault may be evident in some cases, the reason why the accident occurred may not be as apparent. Oftentimes, the difference between success and failure in your case is securing an expert capable of documenting the evidence in your favor. When it comes to a commercial motor vehicle accident, there is no time to lose. Daggett Shuler is experienced at establishing all of the evidence you will need to prove your case.
WHY DO THESE ACCIDENTS HAPPEN?
Commercial vehicle accidents occur for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
• Inexperienced/under-trained operator of vehicle
• Improper maintenance of vehicle
• Driver fatigue
• Driver under the influence of drugs/alcohol
• Excessive speed
• Other motorists
• Dangerous weather conditions
No matter what the reason for a commercial vehicle accident occurring, our legal team has the experience and knowledge to handle these complex cases. If you or a loved one has been injured in a commercial vehicle accident and suffered serious injury or death, call the experienced North Carolina accident lawyers at Daggett Shuler for help at 1-855-825-3514. When you call, you’ll speak with one of our top North Carolina Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorneys absolutely FREE.
If you believe that you or a loved one may have a personal legal claim, you can contact us in one of three ways:
- Contact us online at daggettshulerlaw.com
- Call us toll free at 1-800-815-5500. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
- Click here for a Free Case Evaluation
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.