Defective Metal Hip Implants
Each year thousands of patients undergo hip replacement surgery. Unfortunately, several hip implant devices used have been recalled due to unsafe product defects and adverse side effects. Multiple DePuy metal hip implants have been deemed defective including:
- Tedium® ASR™ hip-replacement
- ASR™ XL Acetabular® System
Some of the side effects associated with these defective products include:
- Pain in the groin, hip or leg
- Painful and pronounced limp
- Cobalt or chromium poisoning
- Swelling near the hip joint
- High levels of metal in the bloodstream
- Revision surgery
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) became aware of the risks associated with metal-on-metal hip implants in 2011 ordering all manufacturers to conduct independent studies into how often these devices were failing. Later resulting in multiple recalls, but not until after thousands were suffering from severe adverse effects and even having to undergo revision surgery.
If a defective product has injured you or a loved one, contact a North Carolina defective product lawyer at Daggett Shuler injury & disability lawyers to protect your legal rights. We want to help you hold these thoughtless or careless manufacturers accountable for the unsafe products they market to the unsuspecting public.
If you believe that you or a loved one may have a personal legal claim, you can contact us in one of three ways:
- Contact us online at daggettshulerlaw.com
- Call us toll free at 1-800-815-5500. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
- Click here for a Free Case Evaluation
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.