DePuy Hip Replacement
DePuy Orthopedics, a division of Johnson & Johnson, had multiple hip replacements recalled by the Food and Drug Administration. Prior to the recall approximately 93,000 patients around the world received a DePuy ASR hip implant. The following devices manufactured by Johnson & Johnson were recalled:
- DePuy ASR Hip Resurfacing System
- DePuy ASR XL Acetubular System
In 2010 the FDA removed both devices from the market due to the high failure rate and severe side effects associated with the devices.
The recalled devices are constructed using metal components that rub together and corrode during normal use, causing flakes of metal to enter the blood stream, bone and surrounding tissues. The corrosion left patients with severe side effects including:
- Pain in the groin, hip or leg
- Painful and pronounced limp
- Cobalt or chromium poisoning
- Swelling near the hip joint
- High levels of metal in the bloodstream
- Revision surgery
If a defective product has injured you or a loved one, contact a North Carolina defective product lawyer at Daggett Shuler injury & disability lawyers to protect your legal rights. We want to help you hold these thoughtless or careless manufacturers accountable for the unsafe products they market to the unsuspecting public.
If you believe that you or a loved one may have a personal legal claim, you can contact us in one of three ways:
- Contact us online at daggettshulerlaw.com
- Call us toll free at 1-800-815-5500. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
- Click here for a Free Case Evaluation
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.