A do-it-yourself approach can save you the money and hassle of hiring a professional for many projects and everyday tasks. After a car accident, however, too much is at stake, and taking on the insurance company yourself is not the best idea. Here’s why:
Five Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Handle Your Own Auto Accident Claim
- You may lose money. Your insurance company will likely offer you a lowball settlement that is insufficient to cover the full extent of your injuries and losses. If you handle the claims process alone, you may miss out on thousands of dollars that you’re entitled to by law.
- You may not receive any compensation at all. There is a statute of limitations, or specific time window, in which you should file a claim with your insurance company. If you file too late, you may not receive compensation. In addition, the claims process requires you to file paperwork and documentation by certain times, and if you miss a deadline, you may delay or even have to start your claim over altogether. Keep in mind, if you miss the statute of limitations, you might not even be able to take any further legal action.
- You may not receive adequate care for your injuries. If you accept an insufficient settlement from your insurance company, there is no way to ask for more – so if your medical bills or potential future medical care costs exceed the settlement amount you received, you may have to pay them out of pocket.
- You may damage your case. After an accident, you may well be in shock and unable to properly document evidence, gather witness information, and properly proceed with your car accident claim. This could hurt your case and the compensation you otherwise would qualify for.
- You will not have peace of mind. Feeling overwhelmed after an accident is normal and expected. However, handling the claims process yourself could cause unnecessary stress, anxiety, and anguish. That’s why speaking with a car accident attorney as soon as possible after a crash is essential. An experienced car accident attorney will handle your claims process from start to finish so you can focus on your recovery.
Five Reasons Why a Daggett Shuler Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
- We understand the true value of your claim. The car accident attorneys at Daggett Shuler will thoroughly investigate your accident and know exactly what your claim is worth. They will factor in expenses such as medical care and lost wages, as well as considering the cost of your pain and suffering to ensure you receive maximum compensation.
- We will communicate with the insurance companies. Insurance companies capitalize on your inexperience with the claims process and take advantage of your trust. They will ask you for a recorded statement, but never provide one before speaking with a lawyer first. They may use what you say against you, as a way to minimize your claim’s value.
- We will ensure that all materials are filed and submitted on time. The claims process has hard deadlines for filing paperwork and providing documentation. The experienced car accident lawyers at Daggett Shuler will ensure that all deadlines are met and that you receive the full scope of the compensation you deserve as soon as possible.
- We will represent you in a lawsuit. Daggett Shuler car accident lawyers have extensive legal expertise and is prepared to take your case to court. We’re local, so we knows the state laws, are familiar with the judges, and if your case goes to trial, we will ensure it goes as smoothly as possible.
- We don’t get paid until you do. Daggett Shuler works on a contingency basis, meaning you will not have to pay anything upfront and will not charge a fee unless they win your case. We’re ready to speak with you and evaluate your car accident case for free at Daggett Shuler.
North Carolina Car Accident Lawyers Who Are on Your Side
After a car accident, you may be tempted to handle your claim on your own. Unfortunately, what you don’t know will hurt your case. Insurance companies claim to be on your side but only look after themselves. Don’t let your insurance company turn its back on you – speak with a car accident attorney at Daggett Shuler today. We will stand up for you, protect your rights, and ensure that you receive the full scope of the compensation you are entitled to by law.
Contact us today by submitting a form below or calling our office at 336-724-1234 for a free consultation.