Super Bowl Sunday is almost here, soon millions will be tuning in to watch the big game, feasting on wings and ice-cold beer while cheering on their favorite team. Approximately 111.3 million Americans watched the Super Bowl last year, and the massive viewership is expected for Super Bowl LII.
A majority of viewers will join friends and family members for barbeques, or go to their local bar to enjoy the game. It is important to remember the number of people on the road before and after the big game increases significantly.
Super Bowl Sunday is one of the biggest drinking days of the year, with an estimated 325 million gallons of beer consumed during the game. While there is no harm in enjoying yourself during the Super Bowl, the increased alcohol consumption and the increase in people traveling also leads to a higher risk of drunk driving accidents.
There are multiple precautions that people can take in order to prevent drunk driving accidents. Starting with never drinking and driving. Remember, buzzed driving is drunk driving, so it is better to be safe and never get behind the wheel after consuming any alcoholic beverage.
Here are some helpful safety tips from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) to remember this Super Bowl Sunday:
- Have a Designated Driver – Make sure to have a sober designated driver before going to the game. Plan this ahead of time
- Use Car Services – A safe car ride is only one click away! Don’t risk your life or the lives of others, just use a car service to make sure you and your friends get home safe
- Take Public Transit – On Super Bowl Sunday, look into using a train, bus or subway to get to your destination
- Pace Yourself– In between drinking alcohol, make sure to alternate and drink water, and make sure to eat to help absorb the alcohol
- Phone a Friend – If you need a ride home and a friend or family member is sober and can pick you up, give them a call
- Report It – If you see a drunk driver on the road, immediately call the police
- Have a Super Bowl Sleepover – If you feel as though you need to stay at a friend or family member’s house after drinking, sleep it off and leave when you are sober in the morning. If you are hosting a party, make sure no one drives home drunk
At Daggett Shuler Law we hope that everyone has a safe and fun time watching the Super Bowl this Sunday! Don’t let a terrible decision ruin your life or the lives of others. Following the tips outlined above can help ensure you can focus on having fun and being safe!
If you or a loved one suffers serious injuries in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, call Daggett Shuler at 336-724-1234 for help.
When you call, you will speak with an experienced Winston-Salem and Greensboro North Carolina Drunk Driving Accident attorney absolutely FREE. We will investigate every detail of your accident at no cost to you, and fight hard to secure the maximum compensation you deserve.
At Daggett Shuler Law, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front. We take all cases on a contingency basis, which means you owe us nothing unless we recover for you.
Daggett Shuler Law – You Can Depend on Us