Facebook Icon Twitter Icon YouTube Icon LinkedIn Icon

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

June 11th, 2013 News

Whether in your own home or traveling, everyone should be aware of the dangers that carbon monoxide gas poses to you and your loved ones.

Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless, toxic gas that is produced by gasoline-powered machines, such as heaters or cars.  When breathed in carbon monoxide can cause lightheadedness, headaches, and confusion.  Exposure to large amounts of the gas over a prolonged period of time can even cause death.

There are measures that you can take to protect yourself and your family from this silent killer. Carbon monoxide detectors can be purchased at any home goods store and once they are plugged in work in the same way that a smoke alarm works, sounding an alarm when dangerous levels of the gas are detected so that you and your family can vacate your home.

Recently it has been suggested that people should travel with a small carbon monoxide detectors to detect any level of the gas in hotel rooms.

Unfortunately, thousands of people suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning each year.  If you or a loved one has suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, you might need help in handling your injury claim.  The skilled lawyers at Daggett Shuler will fight for fair compensation for your injuries.

Daggett Shuler, Attorneys at Law, principal office is based at 2140 Country Club Road, Winston-Salem, NC  27104.  The firm handles personal injury claims including serious injuries, automobile accidents, workers’ compensation and social security disability.  If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of accident call Daggett Shuler for a free confidential consultation at 336-724-1234.

We worked with attorney Michael Hummel and Sheila McDonald and they were both excellent! They made a very hard time in our lives a little bit easier. We only had to supply a couple of things and they did everything else and exceeded our expectations!

Kyle Updike