Every day in the United States, an average of 27 people die as a result of people driving impaired. Last week, a head-on collision occurred when a vehicle, traveling northbound in the southbound lanes, crashed into another vehicle. The crash happened a little before 10:40 p.m. on Highway 52 in Winston-Salem.
Unfortunately, one person died as the result of injuries sustained in this accident, one person sustained life-threatening injuries, and another two people sustained serious injuries.
Our thoughts are with the victims and their families affected by this accident during this difficult time.
The driver who caused the accident was drinking and driving. He has been charged with:
- One count of felony death by motor vehicle
- One count for driving while impaired
- One count for no operator’s license
- One count for careless and reckless driving
- One count for traveling the wrong way on a highway
To read the full article, click here.
http://myfox8.com/2017/06/16/4-injured-after-wrong-way-driver-hits-car-head-on-on-highway-52-in-winston-salem/There are many consequences for the impaired driver such as criminal charges, living with knowing the pain and hardship he has caused others, losing his license and many other costs he could face including:
- Loss of wages – since many offenders charged with DWI go to jail, they are unable to work and therefore do not earn their wages.
- Loss of job – being out of work due to jail time could affect employment at a current company.
- Difficulty finding another job – since charges associated with a DWI will show up on a person’s record, some companies may not hire them especially if the position requires the person to drive.
- Increased insurance rates or being dropped by your insurance company – getting charged with a DWI may cause an insurance company to list a person as a “high-risk” individual and therefore the offender will be required to pay higher rates. While that is the case for some, other insurance companies may not be as lenient and therefore may drop the client all together.
- Serious Criminal Charges – The death or serious injury of the victims as well as the injury or death of the drunk driver
At Daggett Shuler Law, we want everyone to understand the emotional, physical and financial costs associated with Drinking and Driving. It’s just not worth it, so please don’t drink and drive. Call a cab, hire an Uber, or name a designated driver, but never get behind the wheel of a vehicle after consuming alcohol. The costs are just too high for everyone.
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident that was not your fault, call Daggett Shuler Law right away at 336-724-1234. When you call, you will speak with an experienced Winston-Salem and Greensboro Car Accident Attorney absolutely FREE. We will review every detail of your car accident at no cost to you, and fight hard to seek the maximum compensation that you may deserve.
At Daggett Shuler Law, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front and you owe us nothing until we recover for you.
Daggett Shuler Law – You Can Depend on Us