Tractor Trailer Accident Landing Page
Injured in an accident with a big rig? Cases involving an accident with a tractor-trailer are very complicated and require experienced truck accident attorneys. Daggett Shuler knows truck accident law well and has recovered millions of dollars in truck accident claims. Call us today for a Free Consultation. We’re here to help.
If you are injured in a tractor-trailer accident, it is important to document the events surrounding the accident. Your observations, photos, relevant eyewitness accounts, doctor diagnosis, and more are essential elements of your truck accident claim. One of the experienced North Carolina truck accident lawyers from Daggett Shuler can obtain this information to help prove your case against the negligent party of the truck accident.
If you have been injured in a serious accident, the most important thing you can do is consult now with one of the experienced North Carolina truck accident lawyers at Daggett Shuler injury lawyers.
- Trucks often weigh 20 to 30 times more than passenger cars.
- In 2014, 3,903 people died in large truck crashes
- 111,000 people were injured in big rig accidents.
- Only 17% of the fatalities in truck accidents were the truck occupants
- 73% of fatalities were people in cars and other passenger vehicles
- 10% fatalities involving big trucks were pedestrians, bicyclists, or motorcyclists.
- Every 16 minutes, another person in the United States will die or be injured in a truck accident.
- In 2014, 438,000 large trucks were involved in traffic accidents in the United States.
- In North Carolina alone in 2014, there were 111 large trucks involved in reported traffic accidents resulting in a total of 121 motorist fatalities statewide.
There are currently more than 5.5 million tractor-trailers registered for use in the U.S. Unfortunately, risk factors including driver error, driver fatigue, equipment failure and improper loading make these vehicles a potential hazard to other motorists. As trucks compete for space on our already overcrowded highways, the results can be disastrous, with occupants of smaller vehicles often becoming the unfortunate statistics in North Carolina truck accidents.
A COMPLEX SITUATION
Traffic accidents involving trucks that hit passenger vehicles or motorcycles can cause catastrophic injuries. Unfortunately, a case involving a truck is not simply a big automobile accident. They are highly complex cases that involve a web of state, federal, and sometimes international regulations that require a lawyer with extensive experience in this area. A North Carolina truck accident lawyer from Daggett Shuler injury lawyers can help you achieve the justice you deserve.
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.