Riding a motorcycle is fun and freeing, but there are additional risks when operating a motorcycle that cars and other vehicles do not face. It is important to drive safely when sharing the road, and to take precautions when driving near a motorcycle.
Summertime months are the most popular months for motorcycle riders, so please be aware of their presence on the road around you.
A recent motorcycle accident left two people injured. The Motorcycle rider and his passenger were riding south on Interstate 85 when a car pulled out too closely in front of them. The driver of the motorcycle attempted to stop but went into a skid and lost control of his bike. Both people on the motorcycle were taken to the hospital.
We all need to share the roads safely, and below are some helpful tips when riding near a motorcycle.
Tips on sharing the road with motorcycles:
- Check your blind spots – Do not rely solely on your mirrors, check your blind spots for smaller vehicles or bikes
- Always Use Signals – Always signal when turning or changing lanes. Give adequate warning to those around you so they are aware of your movements.
- Take caution when passing – Strong winds from your car can cause a motorcycle to become unstable. When passing, make sure to signal and give lots of room before returning to the lane.
- Give motorcyclists space – Allow more space between you and the motorcycles around you than you would if it was a car. Bike reaction times are much different than a car. If you hit a motorcycle, even lightly, the impact could severely injure or become fatal to the rider.
- Be careful making left hand turns – Many bike accidents happen when a driver of a car or truck are making a left hand turn, and do not see the motorcyclist. Pay greater attention when making a left hand turn.
At Daggett Shuler Law, we want everyone to be safe on the road. Be aware of other motorists on the road. Don’t drink and drive. Don’t text and drive. Don’t speed and always buckle up when in a vehicle as a driver or passenger. Let’s all share the roads responsibly, and this will lead to less accidents, less road fatalities and less serious injuries.
If you or a loved one is injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, call Daggett Shuler Law right away at 336-724-1234. When you call, you will speak with an experienced Winston-Salem Motorcycle Accident Attorney absolutely FREE.
We will review every detail of your accident at no cost to you, and fight hard to seek the maximum compensation that you may deserve. At Daggett Shuler Law, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front and you owe us nothing until we recover for you.
Daggett Shuler Law – You Can Depend on Us