Facebook Icon Twitter Icon YouTube Icon LinkedIn Icon

How Do I Get a Copy of my Accident Report?

September 10th, 2014 Car Accident

How do I get a copy of my accident report? 

If the accident occurred inside the city limits, you should contact the Records Department of the local Police Department. The address for the Winston-Salem Police Department is: Winston-Salem Police Department, Records Section, 725 North Cherry Street, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27101. The phone number is 336-773-7922.

The address for the Greensboro Police Department is: Greensboro Police Department, Accident Reports Division, P.O. Box 3136, Greensboro, North Carolina 27401-3136. The phone number there is 336-373-2496.

There is no fee for the report from either police department.

If the accident occurred outside the city limits, you should contact the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. The address for the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles is Collision Reports Section, North Carolina DMV, Raleigh, North Carolina 27697. The phone number is 919-861-3098. There is no fee for the report.

After my car accident, the amount of paperwork became overwhelming and quite stressful to keep up with. I contacted Daggett Shuler and was immediately put at ease. The meeting was set up very promptly and we were told to not worry and let them handle the details.

Once the portal was set up, I received frequent updates. If I had questions that could not be addressed by email, I would receive a phone call. I never felt rushed or that my questions were not important.

Upon completion of my case, I felt that everything had been done to ensure a proper outcome of my situation. Everyone in the office is polite, respectful and professional. I would highly recommend Daggett Shuler. They made a difficult time in my life much easier to deal with.

Anna Kirstine