On Friday, 3/17 millions of people will dress in green accented with shamrocks and glitter to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. As you enjoy all the festivities that go along with St. Patrick’s Day be mindful of safety for you and your family.
St. Patrick’s Day can be a dangerous holiday due to a continuous increase of intoxicated drivers on the road. According to Safety 1st Driving School here are some important tips to remember as you celebrate:
- Plan ahead– have a designated driver
- Make an alternative plan – if no one is available to be your designated driver use one of the multiple car services available including a taxi, Uber or Lyft
- Be sure to stay hydrated throughout the day
- Don’t leave your drink unattended and never accept a drink that has been opened by a stranger
- Drive cautiously, defensively, and very alert – even if you are sober on the road not everyone else is
- If you suspect a drunk driver on the road call the police immediately
Have a safe St. Patrick’s Day and remember DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!
If you or a loved one suffer serious injuries in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, call Daggett Shuler at 336-724-1234 for a FREE, confidential consultation.
When you call, one of our experienced Winston-Salem and Greensboro, North Carolina Drunk Driving Accident attorneys will speak with you for free and answer any questions you may have. At Daggett Shuler, we will investigate every detail of your situation at no cost to you, and fight hard to protect your rights.
Daggett Shuler Law – You Can Depend on Us