Slip & Fall
If you are in a public place, you expect that place to be safe. If a business owner or property manager fails to properly maintain their property, including public walkways, the resulting hazards can cause you to slip and fall, possibly leading to severe injury.
Until you are injured, you may not understand the possible severity of a slip and fall accident. However, there are many potentially life-changing consequences of a slip and fall accident, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Temporary or permanent disability
More than a quarter of all traumatic brain injuries (28%) result from falls, even more than car accidents. A slightly smaller percentage of spinal cord injuries are caused by falls (22%), but in persons over age 65, spinal cord injuries are most often caused by falls, and are often a consequence of nursing home neglect.
Slip and fall lawsuits are considered a category of premises liability because it is a property owner’s responsibility to ensure that his or her property is safe for all visitors. If you suffered a serious personal injury due to a slip and fall that could have been prevented by appropriate vigilance, you may be eligible for compensation.
Forms of compensation for which you may be eligible include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and diminished earning ability
- Physical therapy and occupational training
- Pain, suffering, and diminished quality of life
- The amount and type of compensation you may receive will depend on your individual circumstances.
That’s why the Winston-Salem injury attorneys and staff of Daggett Shuler are here to help. After an accident you need an experienced personal injury law firm to help protect your rights. We make it our goal to help you recover your health after suffering a serious injury. The legal professionals at Daggett Shuler want to help you get your life back on track.
If you believe that you or a loved one may have a personal legal claim, you can contact us in one of three ways:
- Contact us online at daggettshulerlaw.com
- Call us toll free at 1-800-815-5500. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
- Click here for a Free Case Evaluation
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.